New life for this EE (energy efficiency) program and a break into the SmartHome market.
Build a direct to consumer ecommerce business in an industry as it’s still getting comfortable with digital.
Streaming, downloading and industry oligopolies have driven a wedge between fans and the music labels that have traditionally connected fans with their idols. To bring the labels, their artists and the fans closer together WMG (Warner Music Group) wanted to build a new direct to consumer business and that’s what we did. From a new commerce platform, to product and pricing strategies; to the entire go-to-market execution.
Because music labels haven’t traditionally run direct-to-consumer businesses, this initiative went well beyond marketing and deep into product development and core business operations. Our successes charted a new course for both the WMG and its labels.
Some of the marketing we did:
- B2C business plan, brand strategy, and omnichannel marketing plan & execution
- Product strategy & merchandising
- Managed all direct to consumer marketing campaigns (e.g. SEO/SEM, social, display, email, remarketing, influencer marketing, mass media, direct marketing, etc.)
- Total ecommerce build-out (commerce platform, merchandising, fulfillment, customer service, inventory management, cart/checkout, RMA, etc.)
- Full spectrum of marketing and business analytics, reporting and action plans
- Media planning and buys